Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Chance Encounter


Cliffside - Acrylic/Mixed Media

Today was my lucky day. Not just because I sold a painting, but because I met the purchaser. Let me back up. I belong to a co-op gallery and we take turns working there and greeting visitors. Almost at the last minute, I switched my day with another artist, and ended up at the gallery today, instead of tomorrow. By chance, a visitor from Toronto dropped in this morning, before my shift, saw one of my pieces, went for lunch, then returned to see the painting again, not knowing I would be there. It was meant to be, I guess, and I was very happy to meet the client who would be taking home a piece of my work. That makes the purchase extra special to me. Many thanks to a new art buyer. I hope my work cheers you every day.

No comments: